AOL Mail is the free web-based email franchise from the coporation – AOL. AOL is better known as American Online and is a global mass media company. It specialises in the development and growth of brands and websites like Techcrunch, Engadget and The Huffington Post. AOL Mail Login is possible with a working internet connection on all platforms. AOL Mail is also known as AIM Mail although AIM is known as AOL Internet Messaging. AIM is AOL’s intsant messaging and it functions very much like the Yahoo! Messenger. Over the recent five years, AOL Mail has gotten it revamped look to compete with the growing competition.
How To Login to AOL Mail?
- Direct yourself to the web address mail.aol.com on your web browser. If somehow you land on the homepage of aol.com instead, you should locate the mail icon. Click on the AOL.com mail icon and the same page mentioned above will load. This page will load on a automated New Tab so wait for it fully load.
- On the AOL Mail login page, you will need to fill in two empty fields provided for you. Type your username (screen name) or your full @aol.com email address. You can choose either step as AOL will allow any of the two option.
- Either use your mouse or use the Tab key to get to the next Password field. Type in your password of your aol mail login which is case sensitive. Hence, if you are typing lowercased letters, type with the Caps Lock. You can either use the Caps Lock or hold the Shift key when you are typing in Uppercase letters.
- While signing in, you can Tick the box next to ‘Remember Me‘ option. This will help you to load your inbox directly when you load the aol mail page. Your AOL Mail Login might be safe on your own personal PC, laptop or mobile phones. This however will not be the situation when you are using a Public computer.
- Click on the Sign in button to get access of your aol mail login. If your login is however unsuccessful, click on the ‘Forgot Password?‘ link. Follow instructions that will be given to you in reseting your password.
Sometimes when you try to load the aol sign in page, an account can be already logged in. Simply click out the Sign Out link which will be under their Username. For others using the PC or laptop, you can do that whenever you are done with using your aol mail login. For new users, your AOL sign up steps will be written below so that it will be easier for you.
How To Sign Up for AOL Mail?
- On the AOL Mail login page, you can see the ‘Get a Free Username‘ link below the Sign In button. Click on the link to getting started on creating a new aol.com email address.
- For the Name part, type in your First Name in the left field. In the right field, type in your Last Name. Type in a username which you want to get identified by in the Username field. If your username is not valid or used, you will be asked to type in a new one. For convienence, you can simply pick one which aol provided.
- Think and create a password you can use for signing up for aol mail account. In the box below, type in that same password again. Your password must contain at least eight characters and you can use a combo or Upper and Lower case letters and numbers and symbols. This will make sure your password is strong but make sure you can remember it easily.
- Select the Month, Day and Year from the drag down list when giving your Birthdate information. Also, select your Gender from the Gender below the Birthdate list. Type in your current Zipcode in the field provided. In the ‘Set a Security Question’, select your Security Question and provide the answer in the field below.
- Provide your mobile number by first selecting your Country code from the list provided. Type in the digits of your mobile number and this cannot be a landline number. Also, go on ahead to provide an alternate email address. When you provide your mobile number and alternate email id, you can easily verify or recover your forgotten password.
- You should then enter the letter or numbers you see in the image verification code. Please remember the information is also case sensitive. So use upper case and lower case letters as you see them.
- When all your information in the Sign Up form for your aol account is completed, click on the Sign Up button. Your account creation will be successful when your inbow for your new email account loads.